After teasing information about Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto for several weeks now, Niantic announced on Tuesday all the information about the upcoming event.
The Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event will feature special research with a chance to get shiny Ditto and shiny Mew, 10 new Collection Challenges and special themed event blocks. The event will take place on Saturday, Feb. 20, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time, and players will have an extra week to complete the collection challenges.
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto special research
One of the event’s highlights, this special research will have players work alongside Professor Willow to learn more Pokémon originally from the Kanto region. Players who complete this quest will get a shiny Ditto and unlock Masterwork Research. The Masterwork Research will task players with challenging quests:
- Reach level 40
- Catch 30 Pokémon of each type
- Spin 151 unique PokéStops
- Walk 151 kilometers
Completing all of the quests will reward an encounter with a shiny Mew.
Kanto Collection Challenges
The Collection Challenges are all inspired by locations from the original generation one games. Throughout the day, the wild Pokémon spawning will rotate between the different areas. Here is the schedule:
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Pallet Town
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Pewter City
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Pokémon League
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Pallet Town
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Pewter City
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Pokémon League
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Pokémon from all previous hours
Completing the Collection Challenges will earn players rewards and medals. The challenges will vary based on whether players chose the Pokémon Red or Pokémon Green version of the event.
Tickets are on sale from now until the event starts. Follow Daily Esports for more Pokémon coverage.
Source: Read Full Article