The Pokemon Go Team has revealed details for a Lunar New Year-themed event for the mobile game. The Pokémon Go Lunar New Year event is live right now and will continue through to Monday, February 3 at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET.
During the event, certain red-colored Pokemon will appear more often in the wild–be on the lookout for Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, Foongu, and (perhaps the most famous red Pokemon) Shiny Gyarados.
Pokemon Go News
- Pokemon Go, Harry Potter Wizards Unite 2020 Events Announced
- Pokemon Go Heatran Raid Guide: Shiny Heatran, Counters, And How To Catch
- Pokemon Go January 2020 Research Quests
Generation V’s Darumaka makes its debut in Pokemon Go during the Lunar New Year event, and it will hatch from 7km Eggs. The event will also feature several in-game bonuses too, such as random Rare Candy rewards when opening Gifts.
This Lunar New Year marks the start of the Year of the Rat, so you can expect plenty of rat-themed content during a Limited Research event on February 2 from 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET to 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET. During the event, you’ll have the chance to encounter Generation V’s Minccino–both normal and shiny versions. Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat will all appear more often in the wild as well.
Niantic–the studio behind Pokemon Go, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and Ingress–has announced that 2020 will feature several “immersive interactive experiences” for each game. Pokemon Go will have four events, which are detailed below.
Pokémon Go 2020 Events
- Taiwan Lantern Festival in Taichung – February 6-9
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone St. Louis – March 27-29
- Tickets will go live starting January 24 at 8:00 AM CT
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone Liverpool – April 17-19
- Tickets will go on sale starting January 31 at 8:00 AM GMT
- Pokémon GO Safari Zone Philadelphia – May 8-10
- More information about tickets will be announced soon
Source: Read Full Article