We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
There is a lot of cool stuff on the Among Us roadmap right now, but a console port isn’t one of them.
The good news is that Among Us releasing on PS4 and Xbox One has not been ruled out by the team.
It could face some development hurdles due to how the game is played, with the use of keyboards not very high on consoles.
Text chat is a big part of the current Among Us gameplay loop, so it will be interesting to see how things could be changed in the future.
For now, InnerSloth is focusing on Among Us on Mobile and PC, with plans for a sequel now ditched.
AMONG US UPDATE
This week’s Among Us update brings some interesting new features to the game, without making any massive changes.
For those players still being affected by cheating and hacking, InnerSloth says recent server changes have helped reduce.
It has not, however, removed exploits from the game, meaning that there is still plenty of work to be done in the future.
A message from the Among Us team explains: “It’s been pretty crazy for us here at Innersloth. Lots of things happening behind the scenes. We’ve got a small update here for you all.
“Firstly, we want to be sure to talk about the cheating and hacking going on. It was pretty bad there for a bit, so Forte pushed out server changes really fast.
“They seemed to help a lot, but some cheats still work and now there are bugs too. There will be more server updates to fix all of this, but rushing anti-hacks is what caused the bugs, so cleaning things up is a slower process.
“Also rest assured that any threats made in the game are false and your devices and data are safe. If you see a hacker, ban them or find a different room.”
When it comes to this week’s Among Us update, a new voting option has been added to the game that allows for masked voting.
The short set of patch notes can be found below and include the following changes:
Added Anonymous Voting option
- All votes appear as grey.
Added Task Bar Modes
- Always mode works like normal.
- Meeting mode only updates the bar during meetings.
- Invisible mode removes the taskbar entirely.
- MIRA: Comms sabotage clears the security logs.
- Added symbols to fix wires task.
- Added cosmetics to meeting screen.
- Various bug fixes.
When it comes to the rough roadmap set out by InnerSloth, there’s plenty that could be changed in the future.
“We have lots of things planned, but no real official roadmap,” InnerSloth confirms.
“We play things pretty loose so we can tackle what we think the game needs most. We also don’t want to promise anything and then not provide it so it’s a scary thing to share… This isn’t the full extent of our plans. We’ve got lots of things we’re planning that we’re not quite ready to share yet.”
InnerSloth did provide a list of features that are being planned, including:
- Accounts: We’re hoping to get accounts into the game by December. This will allow players to report accounts that are toxic and/or hacking. They may be a bit barebones at first but things like friends lists will also come at a later date after launch.
- New Map. We’re hard at work on a new map (It’s Henry Stickmin themed!). This map is currently looking bigger than Polus! The map will contain plenty of new tasks and will be available for free to all players!
- Translations/Localization: The game is currently only translated into a few languages (and some of those translations are a bit rough). We’re planning on getting professional translations into multiple languages (More than we currently have, not ready to share quite which languages yet). To all the people offering to translate, thanks for reaching out, but we’ve got it under control!
- Colourblind support: This patch contains a first pass on colourblind support. We’ll continue monitoring it to see how it performs.
Source: Read Full Article