Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.07 is the next big patch for the game following last weekends surprise 1.06 release.
That update from Infinity Ward did manage to make a few signifcant changes to the game, however, there were many things that remained an issue, which the community were of course to highlight.
However, it appears as though we might not have to wait too much longer for the games next big update from the developer.
Infinity Ward’s senior communications manager Ashton Williams has this evening posted that a new update should be released in the coming days.
The full message from the Infinity Ward team member reads:
"Pending any unexpected issues, we’ve got an update rolling out over the next few days that improves stability across all platforms, fixes bugs, weapon tuning, footsteps, claymores, and more.”
Modern Warfare Update 1.06 patch notes: Call of Duty download changes confirmed
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Leaks: Classic Maps, New game modes set to return
In addition to the above changes, Williams also went into a bit more detail whilst responding to a few follow up questions from fans.
For instance, one fan asked if the upcoming update will address the issues 725 shotgun, which currently has the obscene range of a sniper rifle currently.
Williams response was fairly positive, simply stating “If testing goes well, yes.”
So that's likely part of the aforementioned 'weapon tuning' she initially mentioned.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare PC Review: The series has never looked this gorgeous
Call of Duty Mobile Zombies release date leaked: What time does Zombies start?
Furthermore, Williams was also asked if the next update would contain any bug fixes for the spec ops mode. Again, the communications manager was forthright, replying "yes".
To the point, we like it.
For those interested in reading over the official patch notes for the previous update, v1.06, you'll find those just below.
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE UPDATE 1.06 PATCH NOTES
• More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms
• Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
• APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
• Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
• Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
• Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
• Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
• Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
Video Game Guides
Source: Read Full Article