Fall Guys is proving very popular on its current platforms, with over 100,000 players logging into the game on Steam today. A Battle Royale game where players are armed with only a wobbly Jelly-Bean person to drive them to victory, Fall Guys looks to be a game with a bright future. But one thing that will be needed in the weeks ahead will be new content, and that means adding new levels to enjoy.
The good news is that plenty is being worked on, with a new Fall Guys update coming to PS4 and Steam this week.
The announcement was made by developers Mediatonic on Twitter, confirming that a fan-favourite level from the beta will be making its debut.
Jump Showdown boasts a fiendish design in which players must avoid two different revolving poles as the platform they walk on slowly drops away in segments.
So expect plenty of grabbing and pushing when the new level arrives later this week.
According to the development team, the new Fall Guys update has a release date set for Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
No set release time has been shared, but we do have a pretty good idea regarding what it will contain.
“We’re about to drop a new level into rotation!” the Fall Guys message explains, adding: “Jump Showdown – A fan-favourite from the beta! We’ll be adding it in our first update TOMORROW!
“More new levels will be coming soon – along with new features & costumes.”
Mediatonic has also confirmed early patch notes on what other things will be, with plenty of bug fixes included.
FALL GUYS PATCH NOTES FOR AUGUST 12:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only – Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC.
Mediatonic has also revealed more about its future plans for DLC and Twitch integration.
Speaking exclusively to Express Online, lead designer Joe Walsh said: “We’re already working on new packs of levels that are going to drop (for free) pretty often over the next few months, and each new season is going to come with a ton of new costumes to unlock too.
“Alongside that, we’re already talking about exciting things like Twitch Integration and exciting things we could do there.”
Twitch integration is of particular interest to the company, as Mediatonic attempts to capture the gameshow feel.
“We’re inspired by gameshows after all, and so it makes total sense to push the watchability of the game!” Walsh adds.
So fans can expect plenty more Fall Guys updates in the weeks to come.
Source: Read Full Article