It may only be 1% of the total game but Call Of Duty fans are not happy that part of Special Ops is exclusive to PS4 for a year.
For those of you who missed Sony’s State of Play event last night it had a plethora of information on upcoming games, but the fact that the Survival mode for Special Ops in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare was playable first on PlayStation 4 didn’t initially cause much of a stir… until everyone found out it was an exclusive for a whole year.
Fans on Reddit haven’t exactly been thrilled with the news, even though Survival is only one part of the larger Special Ops co-op mode. It’s basically a Horde-style defence mode, that proved popular in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 but hasn’t been seen again in a while.
Usually, PlayStation 4 exclusive content for Call Of Duty is only for a month or so and fans are not happy that this is much more, with Reddit user thatOneGuy22 stating that, ‘A new cod game will be releasing when this is out on Xbox and PC.’
Despite the recent beta having been generally well-received some fans are up in arms at the news, with a few even claiming they have cancelled their pre-orders.
Developer Infinity Ward is trying to address concerns about the issues, with narrative director Taylor Kurosaki very active on Twitter, trying to answer fan questions and lay out the bigger picture.
Kurosaki insists that Survival mode is only 1% of the game and the remaining 99% will all be available at launch across all formats.
That’s still not enough for some fans though, especially as Xbox One and PC owners will still be paying the same amount to buy the game as PlayStation 4 players.
As ever with these sort of things, it’s rarely the developer that makes the decision – even if they’re the ones left to deal with the wrath of fans.
How upset they’ll really be when the game’s released on 25 October remains to be seen though, as so far it’s on course to be the most successful Call Of Duty in years.
Email [email protected], leave a comment below, and follow us on Twitter
Source: Read Full Article