When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Fortnite developer Epic Games is teasing a big new update for Battle Royale.
Despite rumours that Fortnite update 17.20 has been delayed until July 13, Epic appears to be planning to introduce new features sooner rather than later.
A post on the official Epic Games Twitter page warns that players should be on high alert for invading alien troops.
“Heads up Saucers, this one’s a doozy!” reads an official Epic tweet. “Just intercepted an IO call that Alien ground troops have begun mobilizing west. Islanders should be on high alert.”
Interestingly, as you can see from the HYPEX tweet below, Epic has posted alternative teasers in other territories.
One of the images suggests Epic will add a brand new underground POI to the map. The underground location features a huge UFO buried under rubble.
As HYPEX points out, Epic could be planning to release a content update on July 6, to make up for the lack of a major new download. Express Online will keep this story updated with any new developments.
Elsewhere, it has been confirmed that Epic is getting ready to release a new LeBron James skin, which will be part of the Icon series.
The LeBron James skin will reportedly launch alongside a selection of new challenges, as well as a special Golden Slider.
With a new update inbound, you can see a selection of early patch notes and the main issues being investigated below.
Fortnite update 17.20 patch notes…
• The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
– We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
• ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
– The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
• Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World…
• Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
– The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
General Issues being investigated…
• Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
– Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
• New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
– New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
• Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
– Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
• Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
– Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
• Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
– Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Battle Royale Issues being investigated…
• Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
– We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
• Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
– We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
• Props drive vehicles erratically.
– Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
• Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
– If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
• “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
– Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
• Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
– Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
• Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
– To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
Source: Read Full Article