Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 26.20 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch. The new Fortnite update has a September 26 release date on all platforms. As a major update, the new patch launches alongside an extended period of server downtime, which will be used to perform maintenance. Matchmaking will be disabled at around 7.30am BST UK time, while the game will be taken offline in full at 8am BST UK time.
While there’s no official server downtime schedule, the game will be offline for at least a couple of hours. This means Fortnite will be back online at around 10am.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a sneak peek about what fans can expect.
“A new day, a new beginning…” reads an Epic tweet. “v26.20 downtime begins at 3 AM ET, and matchmaking will be disabled shortly beforehand.”
Judging by the Epic Games tweet, Star Wars character and secret skin Ahsoka will be available after the update.
According to Fortnite insider Shiina, Epic will also add new Shop Tabs, all the while releasing new skins.
That’s on top of the October Crew Pack, the Level-Up Quest Pack, new Augments and potentially the return of some classic Star Wars items.
Needless to say, the Birthday bonus items and decorations will also be vaulted following last week’s anniversary event.
Epic Games will also make countless bug fixes and gameplay improvements, which you can see in the update 26.20 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 26.20 patch notes…
• Players are not receiving messaging about XP earned in UEFN islands.
– Messages that say you have earned XP in UEFN islands will not show. This is only visual and players do still earn XP in UEFN islands as expected.
BATTLE ROYALE FIXES
• Sometimes Security Cameras won’t show the yellow beam to let you know you’re being tracked.
• Mid-match objectives in Fortnite tournaments are not granting points.
– We’re aware that mid-match objectives in tournaments are not granting points, and this is fixed in a future game update.
• Players may unintentionally take fall damage when landing on a Crash Pad Jr.
– Players may unintentionally take fall damage when landing on a Crash Pad Jr. This is fixed in a future game update.
SAVE THE WORLD FIXES
• Throwing Star projectiles blocked
– We’re aware of an issue that is preventing throwing star projectiles from spawning in some water locations.
MOBILE AND CLOUD FIXES
• Sprint button may be missing on some UEFN/Creative maps
– Android players may find that the sprint button is missing when playing some Creative or UEFN maps
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article