GTA 6 release date rumours are a lot like buses. Stay with us on this one.
You know they're coming eventually, you might miss one but in all likelihood, two will appear in quick succession and almost always the only thing you can count on is that they're incredibly unreliable.
See, we weren't going mad with that point. Which leads us nicely onto another sudden 'leak' in the last 36 hours.
The latest suggests that beyond the potential PC port of Red Dead Redemption 2 (which at this stage we all know is coming), Rockstar are also hard at work on the follow up to GTA 5 ANDBully 2.
An anonymous user has once again taken to the GTA 6 sub-reddit to lay claims from a 'source' inside Rockstar India, which is based in Bangalore and was recently bolstered by the resources of Dhruva Interactive, who Rockstar acquired in May 2019.
Allegedly development of GTA VI began in earnest Summer 2018, with “conceptual development” ongoing for six years, since just after the release of GTA 5.
Whilst this all sounds fairly reasonable it's also quite, nothing new. We've mentioned before how “Preliminary work” on GTA 6 supposedly started as far back as 2016, at least according to a fairly competent report by TechRadar.
Before we continue any further, take a look at the 'leak' in question just below:
GTA 6 Rumours, Leaks and News
- GTA VI full capacity development started in summer 2018 when certain assignments were given to Rockstar India.
- Conceptual development started way back in late 2013 and initial development after the release of GTA V on PC, somewhere in June of 2015.
- GTA VI codename is indeed Project Americas.
- Rockstar India does not have a huge role in development, Rockstar North is the main player here.
- Bully 2 is more dependant on Rockstar India.
- There are two bully 2 versions currently in development, one for ps4 and xbox one, second for next gen and PC.
- Bully 2 on next gen and PC will have raytracing option (kinda test for GTA VI).
- GTA VI will take place in Vice City, nearby swamps and cities, small islands and bigger island that is far away from main island.
- As my source said, he saw the map concept. Swamps are somewhere on the left middle side, the city is in center and the big island is down on the map, far right on the map.
- mechanic is pretty similar to gta V, but with extremely noticeable changes.
- set in different eras and will feature dynamic building change over time. Also peds and everything else will change over time.
- The map is bigger than gta 5 map.
- Some missions will be in liberty city, actually in Middle park only, it will be linear, restricted, like North Yankton and Guarma in RDR 2.
- weather system is main focus in GTA VI. You could get hit by lightning, floods could occur, hurricanes will occur as part of the story.
- Story ending will be dependant on your decisions.
When will GTA 6 release?
13000+ VOTES SO FAR
On top of the above, the original poster makes plenty more claims in the comments that followed.
We won't post them all, because they're a bit all over the place with broken English.
That said the more stand out claim was in response to someone asking When we expect for announcement.
In reply the poster commented: "He does not know that, but quess [guess] is somewhere next year or even 2021."
Like all GTA 6 leaks, they need to be taken with enough dollops of salt to sustain the fish and chip industry. But we'll also put our hands up and admit that some leaks – even from Reddit, 4Chan, Pastebin – do sometimes turn out to be real.
That leaked Red Dead Redemption 2 map released two years before the game shipped being the best example.
Latest Tech & Games News
Source: Read Full Article