- How Long Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Take To Finish?
- How Many Chapters Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Have?
- How Long Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Take To 100 Percent?
Tactics Ogre: Reborn is one of those incredibly long strategy RPGs that feels very satisfying to complete. And then you take a look at what you've done, and you realize that there's still about 100 hours of content left to conquer.
You have multiple histories to view, with small variations in events between timelines, lots of different characters to recruit, time and time again, and more secret items to find than you can shake a stick at. It feels endless, at times.
How Long Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Take To Finish?
Tactics Ogre: Reborn is a very long game – it's chock full of political intrigue and battles take a long time even when you don't have to turn back time or start them all over again to save a downed unit. Overall, a single playthrough of the game is likely to take around 50 hours.
This will include one playthrough only – four chapters of content. The thing is, there's a lot more to the game than just one playthrough.
How Many Chapters Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Have?
Tactics Ogre is a sprawling story where your choices matter a ton. There are, in fact, two entirely separate versions of the second chapter and three versions of the third. All three routes converge for Chapter 4, but a completionist player is looking at a huge time investment.
Luckily, this version of the game has the World Tarot system, which allows you to turn back time and make new choices while keeping your units and equipment all the same. There's some level syncing, but the battles in the new routes go far quicker thanks to your upgraded strategies and better skills. Each additional route adds around 12-15 hours of playtime, and there's a lengthy postgame chapter to contend with also.
An example completionist playthrough is detailed below:
- Playthrough One: Make the Lawful choices all the way through, finishing the game at Chapter 4 and unlocking the World Tarot system.
- Playthrough Two: World Tarot back to Chapter 1 and take the Chaotic choice, putting you on the game's alternate version of Chapter 2.
- At the end of Chapter 2, take the Chaotic choice and then progress all the way to the end of the game again, seeing the credits for the second time.
- Playthrough Three: World Tarot back to the end of Chapter 2 on the Chaotic path, and then take the Neutral choice for the third version of Chapter 3.
- Make your way to the credits again. This is a good time to tackle the postgame chapter called CODA.
With these three playthroughs plus the extremely lengthy postgame chapters (which require you to tackle a 115-floor dungeon), you're looking at around 100+ hours of content.
How Long Does Tactics Ogre: Reborn Take To 100 Percent?
Experiencing the whole story is all well and good, but there's a lot more to contend with if you want 100 percent completion. Luckily, the game will provide you with a handy Progress tracker in the Warren Report once you've beaten the game once. This will track the following:
- Every possible battle in the game broken down by chapter.
- Every item in the game broken down by category.
- Every event in the game broken down by chapter.
This way, you know where to look using the World Tarot if you're missing something. A goal like this is likely to take more than a week of gameplay – comparable feats in the PSP version of the game, which is very similar to this version, took around 250 hours on average.
Source: Read Full Article