Lugia was one of the only Legendary Pokemon featured in an official New Pokemon Snap trailer, so it’s no wonder that lots of dedicated fans of the series are curious about where it’s located. The thing is, finding Lugia in New Pokemon Snap isn’t very easy – in fact, there are several steps you need to follow that the game gives you virtually no hints about.
We were initially pretty stumped as to where the illustrious Legendary Pokemon from Whirl Islands was hiding, which is why we decided to put together this comprehensive New Pokemon Snap Lugia location guide.
So, if you’re keen to add what I honestly believe is the best Legendary Pokemon of all time to your Photodex, be sure to read the short, sweet, and easy to follow steps below.
New Pokemon Snap: Where To Find Lugia
Lugia is located in the Lental Undersea level in New Pokemon Snap, although you’re probably not going to bump into it by chance. The steps for finding Lugia are a bit random, but once you know what to do it’s actually pretty easy. Here are all of the steps for encountering Lugia in New Pokemon Snap.
- Get the Lental Undersea map to at least rank two.
- After the introductory area with Pelipper, Luvdisc, Corsola, and Finneon (and Alolmalola if you’re on rank three), you’ll turn a corner to the right. Instead of going through the seaweed section in front of you, toss an Illumina orb at Clawitzer so it destroys the boulder on your left, unlocking an alternate route. If you’ve already done this, the route will already be open – all you need to do is choose to take it.
- Change route and you’ll enter a deep sea area with Chinchou, Inkay, Starmie, and Tentacruel. After you go through the first section, you’ll emerge in an open area with Wailmer. As you start to go down you’ll see a Sharpedo being aggressive towards a Lumineon, but that’s not what you’re looking for. Keep moving the camera until you find Lanturn and, once you do, throw an Illumina orb at it. It will swim up before darting downward, being pursued by Sharpedo.
- You’ll soon see loads of Pokemon swimming upward together. This is because Wailord is beneath them – once Wailord swims past you, you’ll see that Lanturn has been caught by two Frillish. Throw another Illumina orb at it to free it.
- When you enter the next section with Lumineon, Clamperl, and Starmie, Lanturn will be waiting for you. As a way of thanking you for saving it, it will show you a new route to the right of the cavern, which was originally too dark to travel through but is now illuminated by Lanturn.
- At the end of the tunnel you’ll enter a new area. Lugia is asleep on your right – throw an Illumina orb at the Crystabloom to wake it up.
- If you want to see Lugia again, it’s worth noting that you have to do these steps every single time, because you can’t go through the alternate route tunnel without Lantern.
Next: New Pokemon Snap: Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- New Pokemon Snap
Cian Maher is the Lead Features Editor at TheGamer. He’s also had work published in The Guardian, The Washington Post, The Verge, Vice, Wired, and more. You can find him on Twitter @cianmaher0.
Source: Read Full Article