In a month where Niantic has been more preoccupied with the launch of Harry Potter Wizards Unite, the developer also took time to thank it’s fans for their continued support for the smartphone game.
“We couldn’t have reached this epic milestone without you all,” Niantic continued “Thank you, Trainers, for your continued passion for Pokémon GO and for joining us on this amazing adventure. In the words of our favourite professor, “Let’s GO!”
This year’s festivities include a huge amount of new Shiny pokemon, mainly of the Aloan variety along with plenty of more bonuses.
There’s new avatar items, a return for Party Hat Pikachu, new raid bonuses and decreased stardust costs for trading.
So grab your friend who’s been hoarding that pokemon you’ve been after and get swapping.
The biggest addition though, is a new jump-start research feature which should help new players get up to speed with the game in double time.
Keep reading to see the full plan as shared by Niantic, with details of all the new bonuses and how long some of these bonuses will last.
New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.
- Pokemon Go
Source: Read Full Article