Pokemon Go developer Niantic is about to unleash Battle League Season 2.
The Pokemon Go Battle League Season 2 has a May 1 release date on iOS and Android.
According to Niantic, Season 2 will rotate through leagues, beginning with the Great League at 9pm UK time on May 1.
This will be replaced by the Ultra League on May 25, followed by the Master League on June 15. Season 3 will kick off in July.
The Pokemon Go Battle League expands on the player-vs-player battle system launched last year.
Unlike the initial battle system which only supported local play, the Battle League is an online competition with its own unique rewards.
“Like many Pokemon GO features, the GO Battle League encourages players to get out and explore the world with Pokemon,” reads a Niantic post.
“You can walk to earn entry into the GO Battle League, then battle opponents from around the globe through an online matching system and rise in the ranks of the league.
“This feature was a way to make the Pokemon GO battling experience more competitive and accessible to more Trainers.”
While Season 2 will feature multiple changes, Niantic has confirmed that the following features will remain the same.
Walking and PokeCoin requirements remain absent for the time being, although this could change when lockdown restrictions are lifted.
The avatar items inspired by Pikachu Libre will continue to be offered as rank 7 rewards, Metagross and Pikachu Libre remain as reward encounters, and avatar items inspired by Steven Stone will continue to be rank 10 rewards.
New features include the ability to initiate Trainer Battles via QR Codes from anywhere, while Friendship level requirements have been lowered.
You can see the remaining new Pokemon Go Season 2 Battle League features below.
New Season 2 features revealed in full…
• The GO Battle League reward system has been changed slightly. You can now earn a Pokémon reward encounter after your third win on the basic rewards track or after your first win on the premium rewards track.
• The ranking system has been adjusted. More wins are now required to get to ranks 4, 5, 6, and 7.
• Some of your guaranteed reward encounters will be different for Season 2. You’ll encounter these Pokémon at each listed rank:
• Stunfisk starting at rank 4
• Rufflet starting at rank 8
• Scraggy starting at rank 9.
• If you reach rank 10, you’ll earn a new avatar pose!
• Trainers who finish Season 2 at rank 7 or higher will receive an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM. Other than that, end-of-season rewards will stay the same as in Season 1.
Source: Read Full Article