The latest Pokemon Go event went live earlier today and whilst you might think that the game would be on hold given that most players are locked indoors and unable to get out and play, the game is surprisingly thriving.
Several key changes to the game are allowing players to continue to play from the comfort of their own homes. This includes special discounts on items, the ability to raid from home with friends and so much more. To know everything Niantic are doing to keep you playing, follow the link.
But for now, we're focussing on a brand new in-game event which focuses on the games naughtiest Pokemon. Here's a quick brief for how this 'Tricky Pokémon event' will work:
"Do you consider yourself a prankster? Do you like how Foongus tricks Pokémon into thinking it’s a Poké Ball? Do you love how Sudowoodo mimics a tree to avoid being attacked? This April we are celebrating Tricky Pokémon with some well-known pranksters and masters of disguise will be making an appearance!
"Pokémon known to be pranksters and masters of disguise will also be appearing more often in the wild, such as Gastly, Haunter, Voltorb, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Croagunk, and Foongus." Niantic explained in their blog post.
However, there are also three brand new additions to the Pokemon Go shiny list.
The developers also mention that Shiny Sudowoodo and Shiny Croagunk will be available "If you’re lucky".
If you're wondering how to go about catching yourself these brand new shiny Pokemon, then fear not.
Keep reading as we've broken down all of the potential ways you might be able to encounter the Shiny Croagunk moving forward and how to get yourself a shiny Toxicroak, too.
How to catch shiny Croagunk?
The Pokemon Go 'Tricky Pokémon event' is now live and will take place for one week, starting Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. and ending Tuesday, April 7, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.
During the event players will have a wide selection of ways to encounter shiny Croagunk.
But how do you catch a shiny Croagunk? Well, it's pretty much the same way you encounter any shiny. By encountering as many as humanly possible.
Obviously, the more Croagunk you encounter, the higher your odds of eventually encountering a shiny. Plus the more candy you'll earn to evolve yourself a Toxicroak.
For those who might not know, you'll need 50 Croagunk candy to evolve yourself a Toxicroak,
In addition, there's new Tricky Pokemon Event Field Research Tasks.
Players who catch 3 ditto will also encounter a Croagunk, which also has the chance of being shiny.
For those thinking 'how on earth can I catch 3 ditto from my sofa' we're told by Niantic that Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event.
Following the conclusion of the event and hopefully, the UK wide lockdown from Coronavirus, your best bet of catching a shiny Croagunk will likely come from visiting locations spawning as many Croagunk as possible.
We'd suggest that to boost your chances you should head over to the Silph Road Global Nest Atlas to find your nearest nest.
For those wanting to know more about the rest of the Tricky Pokemon events, keep reading for the full breakdown of features available for the next week.
Pokemon GO Tricky Pokemon Event – FAQ!
- Pokémon known to be pranksters and masters of disguise will also be appearing more often in the wild, such as Gastly, Haunter, Voltorb, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Croagunk, and Foongus. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Sudowoodo or a Shiny Croagunk!
- Stunfisk, the Trap Pokémon, will make its Pokémon GO debut! For the duration of the event, Stunfisk will be available as Field Research task reward encounters and—if you’re extremely lucky—in the wild.
After the event ends, Stunfisk will no longer hatch from 5 km Eggs. You’ll be able to encounter Stunfisk as Field Research task reward encounters or, if you’re very lucky, in the wild.
The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs: Aipom, Wynaut, Bonsly, Croagunk, and Stunfisk.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will be available. Depending on the task, you might receive a reward encounter with a Sudowoodo, Croagunk, or Stunfisk!
- Take a snapshot and see who appears!
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We also have reports of Ditto transforming into more Pokémon species than before, and it seems this phenomenon will persist after the event ends.
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article