- Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Featured Pokemon
- Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Featured Attack
- Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Event Bonuses
- Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Special Research: A Rocky Road
- Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Event Bundles And Stickers
Each month, Pokemon Go hosts a Community Day event, celebrating a new Pokemon with the offer of several bonuses. For the May 2022 Community Day event, the featured Pokemon will be Alolan Geodude; a variation of a Generation One classic.
This event will be taking place on Saturday, May 21, from 11am to 2pm local time. Log into Pokemon Go during this event window to encounter countless Alolan Geodude and benefit from several event bonuses. Below, we'll walk you through what you can expect from the May 2022 Community Day and how to take advantage of everything the event has to offer.
Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Featured Pokemon
As this month's featured Pokemon, Alolan Geodude will appear frequently in the wild during this event window. This will be the only Pokemon seen in the wild during this time, allowing you to acquire many of them and large amounts of Geodude Candy. Log in during the three-hour window to take advantage of this. You may even encounter a shiny.
Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Featured Attack
If you evolve Alolan Graveler (Alolan Geodude's evolution) into Alolan Golem any time from the time the start of the event window until two hours after it ends, it will learn the featured attack: Rollout. This rock-type fast-attack will be making its Pokemon Go debut, offering users quick energy when used. The stats for this featured attack are provided below.
|Attack Power in Gyms and Raids||14 Attack Power|
|Attack Power in Trainer Battles||Four Attack Power|
It will require 25 Geodude Candy for it to evolve into Alolan Graveler, then another 100 to evolve into Alolan Golem, for a total of 125 Geodude Candy. Make sure that you are catching as many of these Pokemon as possible during the event window to ensure that you acquire enough Candy to make all necessary evolutions in time.
Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Event Bonuses
The following bonuses will be available to all trainers during the Community Day event window.
- Triple Stardust for catching Pokemon
- Double Candy for catching Pokemon
- Double chance to receive Geodude XL Candy when catching Alolan Geodude
- Incense activated during this time will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during this time will last for three hours
- Snapshots may contain a Community Day surprise
- One additional special trade can be made during this time (plus two hours after the event ends)
- Trades will cost 50 percent less Stardust during this time (plus two hours after the event ends)
Additionally, the following bonus will be available to Trainers when working together during this window.
- If enough Pokemon are caught at a single Lure Module, the triple Catch Stardust bonus will be upgraded to a quadruple bonus for 30 minutes.
Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Special Research: A Rocky Road
Purchasable for one dollar, you can gain access to the event-exclusive Special Research story: A Rocky Road. For the first time, you can gift tickets for this Special Research story to friends. To do so, make sure to tap on the Gift button instead of the Buy button when at the ticket purchase screen. If this interests you, make sure to keep your eye out for ticket sales in the coming weeks.
Pokemon Go: May Community Day – Event Bundles And Stickers
There will be two Event Bundles available in the shop during the Community Day event window. The price and contents of these bundles are provided below.
|Bundle One||Bundle Two|
|Cost||975 PokeCoins||Zero PokeCoins|
There will also be event-themed Stickers available during this time. These Stickers can be acquired by spinning PokeStops, opening Gifts, and through purchase in the shop during the event window.
Source: Read Full Article