Yesterday, we saw Game Freak reveal a lots more information about Pokemon Sword and Shield in the form of a Nintendo Direct.
You can see many Pokemon Sword and Shield screenshots from the reveal at the link, and you can also read about the Sword and Shield release date at that link, too (it’s coming on November 15).
The most important part of that Direct, though, is that it clearly reveals a lot more than it perhaps intended to.
On May 23, there was a huge leak on an imageboard that suggested some things in the Pokemon game that would be revealed soon. At first, a lot of outlets and commentators didn’t take this leak seriously… but now it appears that a lot of the information in the imageboard was correct.
The leaker correctly hinted that we’d see the Dynamaxing mechanic appear, and also correctly predicted character names, the legendaries, the Wild Area and more. But the initial leak had a lot more information about the game within.
You can see the info dump below. Take it with a pinch of salt, but knowing what we know now… well, it bodes well for the information within. Anything in bold has been confirmed.
We’re liable to hear more about the game at E3 this year, so we’ll make sure to revisit this rumour then if more of the information turns out to be legit.
• Your rival is named Hop, but you will also be facing of against Bede and Marnie
• Team Yell is the gang in this game, who are well-meaning fans of Marnie causing trouble
• To become part of the gym challenge, you will have to get an endorsement. Bede gets an endorsement from Chairman Rose and his secretary Oleana
• Eternatus is the evil legendary. The other legendary will be a wolf, who will either have a shield mane or hold a sword like Great Wolf Sif. Don’t recall its name
• Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing are new dynamics that will supersize pokemon in specific areas. Gigantamaxing is different from dynamax as it changes what the pokemon looks like. Meowth looks like long cat. Lapras gets layers like musical bars to its shell and musical notes. Pikachu looks like retro fat pikachu
• Sonia is Leon’s former rival who is researching the dynamax phenomenon at the behest of her grandmother and professor of the game.
• Some pokemon, like Farfechtd, will get regional evolutions, like Sirfechtd. Meowth looks like a ball of spiky grey fur
• Skwovet and Greedunt iirc are chipmunk pokemon who will hide in berry trees and attack randomly if you shake for too many berries. If they attack, you lose half the berries that dropped.
• The fourth gym is the first Fairy-type gym, led by an actress named Opal. Milo, Nessa, and Kabu are the first ones.
• Before fighting the gym leaders, you have to complete the gym challenges.
– Milo has you herding sheep pokemon named Wooloo, but Pamper, electric corgi pokemon, will startle them and send them rolling elsewhere.
– Nessa has you running through a maze where water blocks the way
– Kabu requires you to catch pokemon and get 5 points, but you have to be in a party battle with another trainer who’s also trying to catch it
• While there is a transit system, you will have to go through the Wild Area at times, an open world biome that has a weather system and little pockets where wild pokemon dynamax and have to be beaten in a for person raid. You will randomly see nearby players and interact with them to get their league cards and items
• Camping is how you play with pokemon now. You’ll get two toys, a feather toy and toy pokeball, which can raise friendship. You can make curry which will raise starts and friendliness
• Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map
• Scorbunny will have fighting moves, but is pure fighter. It becomes Raboot, but I don’t remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid
• Sobble becomes Sizzile and then Intelleon, a chameleon with a spy theme
• Grookey will end up as a giant gorilla that beats a wood drum to attack.
• There’s a lot I’m missing, but I wasn’t planning on leaking until now. I’m angry and upset, and while I liked what I saw, I didn’t get too far.
• The best Pokémon so far is the blue seagull who when it dives, either gets a barracuda in its mouth or a pikachu, which it launches at its enemy
Source: Read Full Article