We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans of pirate adventure game Sea of Thieves have been treated to a brand new season of content.
Sea of Thieves Season 5 has a December 2 release date on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC.
The new season adds a selection of exciting new features, including the ability to bury treasures like a real pirate.
Rare explains more: “At last, you can indulge in that classic element of the pirate fantasy: don’t just dig up treasure, bury your own!
“Almost any item can now be buried, creating a special map that leads back to your loot. Hide your most precious belongings, lay traps for other pirates who manage to steal your Map Bundle or even post a map to the new Quest Board for other treasure seekers to find!
“You’ll earn Renown if other crews find your buried items – will you reward them with a glorious prize, or send them on a wild goose chase?”
Fireworks have also been added to the game, giving players the chance to signal for help or set things off with a bang.
Needless to say, a new season means fresh rewards, which can be unlocked by completing trials and earning Renown.
With server downtime finally at an end, fans can download the Season 5 update. Check out the patch notes below for more information.
Sea of Thieves Season 5 update patch notes…
• On a Sloop, items dropped from the harpoon when the harpoon is angled into the air will no longer become unreachable.
• Megalodons in pursuit of players should less frequently collide with islands and run aground.
• Gilded Voyages are now only removed from players’ inventories once successfully begun. Any Voyages that fail to be created are now returned to the Voyage inventory.
• While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned on a Sloop, the ghosts on the lower deck can now be seen using the comfy mattress.
• When ‘Jump Up to Move Up’ is enabled, holding the ‘Swim Up’ button at the same time as reading a journal should no longer cause players to be stuck swimming up when they stop reading.
• The Trident of Dark Tides aim sensitivity settings are now saved between sessions.
• Players resetting their keyboard and controller settings to default will now find that the settings stay reset after restarting the game.
• The Legend of the Cursed Voyage should no longer fail if players place a Forbidden Key into a Sunken Merfolk Statue before migrating to another server.
• When inside a Siren Treasury, if a player dies and returns to the final wave from the Ferry of the Damned, the correct music should continue to play.
• Shrine of Ocean’s Fortune – Loot retrieved from a Sunken Merfolk Statue near the top of the Shrine should no longer float off the platform.
• Shrine of the Coral Tomb – Players can now exit through the Shrine’s entrance.
• Shrine of the Coral Tomb – An ammo box has been added at the entrance to the Shrine.
Lost Shipments Voyages
• Map clues discovered while on Lost Shipments Voyages should no longer become blank after migrating to another server.
• Lost Shipments map clues should no longer appear blank for players joining a session in progress.
• ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Players should not be able to see the bubbles of other debris through the water while swimming down.
• ‘Captains of the Damned’ – There is now a gate to the Spanish fort that players must open to gain entry.
• ‘Captains of the Damned’ – When exiting the water near the sewer gate, the small steps will no longer cause the player to bounce back into the water.
• ‘Dark Brethren’ – Ambient noises in the Coral Fortress should no longer cut out when moving around in the ascending chamber.
• Players purchasing a Plunder Pass are now awarded with the appropriate level rewards straight away without requiring Renown to be earned.
• The page-turning animation should now loop correctly when using the Good Book Emote.
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life gameplay trailer revealed
Visual and Audio
• Following navigation through the Tunnels of the Damned, ranged weapons now correctly display their bullet trails.
• Scrolls should now play paper audio effects when being raised and turned.
• Water audio effects when the Kraken is leaving should no longer stop prematurely.
• When a player’s ship is on fire, dousing the fire should now no longer cause the flames to disappear immediately but to go out gradually.
• Players should no longer be able to see through fog when standing next to a ship that is on fire.
• The friendly merfolk holding a crew’s treasure should now use the appropriate audio effects.
• Damaged Devil’s Roar Rum Bottle Cargo will now display correct smashed visuals when placed on the ground.
• The handles on the Legendary Fishing Rod and the Silver Blade Fishing Rod should no longer become detached when used.
• Fishing rods now should now have a fishing line colour that better matches the colour of the line in the spool.
• There should no longer be a visual glitch when firing the Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss, the Scurvy Bilge Rat Blunderbuss, the Castaway Bilge Rat Blunderbuss and the Sea of Sands Blunderbuss.
• The Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss should no longer clip through the camera when aiming down the sights.
• The wall next to the Sloop’s new bed now takes impact from weapon damage.
• Navigating up the wooden ramps on top of Thieves’ Haven should no longer cause players to slide off.
• Players should no longer be launched into the air by walking into a wooden gate on Sailor’s Knot Stronghold.
• The Mysterious Stranger’s Tankard should no longer become visible floating in mid-air when a player stands too close.
Text and Localisation
• The tooltip for collecting crates from the Merchant Alliance now reads ‘Take’ instead of ‘Redeem’.
• The text description in the Events panel should no longer be cut off when the language is set to Russian or Japanese.
• Text should no longer spill outside the box when naming pets with the language set to Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
• Corrected spelling issue within the Pirate Emporium monkey collection.
Performance and Stability
• Improvements made to server performance, reducing latency, lag spikes, rubberbanding and server correction during gameplay.
• Server stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
• Improvements to how mouse position is captured within the title to improve Touch Controls when played on xCloud.
• Improved responsiveness of radial menus on lower-spec hardware. Following this change, players will find any custom keybinds for radial menus have been reset.
Source: Read Full Article