If you’re counting down the days until the release of Starfield, then there’s some important business to take care of before the launch. Starfield has a September 1 release date for early access customers, followed by a September 6 release date for anybody with the Standard Edition or playing on Xbox Game Pass. If you want to jump into the action as soon as the game goes live, then you’ll need to pre-load the game ahead of launch. However, even if you have pre-loaded Starfield on Xbox or PC, Bethesda has released a day-one update that will need to be downloaded ahead of launch.
The 15.6GB day-one patch makes a variety of gameplay and visual fixes that will ensure you don’t lose your progression.
Starfield update 1.7.23 also makes a handful of performance ad stability fixes that will lead to a smoother experience.
This includes a fix for an issue when suspending and resuming the game on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
You can see the full list of Starfield early-access patch notes further dow the page.
In case you’ve been living under a rock, Starfield is the hugely ambitious new game from the creators of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.
Players will be able to explore thousands of planets as part of a galaxy-spanning adventure.
“In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery,” reads the official description.
“The year is 2330. Humanity has ventured beyond our solar system, settling new planets, and living as a spacefaring people.”
Bethesda Game Studios introduces new space epic 'Starfield'
Starfield 1.7.23 Early Access Patch Notes
Performance and Stability Fixes
• Improved stability related to suspending and resuming the game. (Xbox Series X/S)
• Fixed rare crash that could occur when viewing the credits after completing the game.
• Fixed crash that could appear when repeatedly loading some saves inside of ships.
• Various stability and performance improvements.
• Fixed an issue where sometimes hair would not appear on characters.
• Improved distant object appearance when transitioning to the surface of a planet.
• Addressed an issue that sometimes caused face animations to move abruptly.
• Fixed an issue where rarely in certain views white flashing boxes could appear in the Handscanner.
• Fixed an issue that would cause an undesirable texture blend near the coastline.
• Fixed an issue that would cause textures to degrade unnecessarily. (Xbox Series S)
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause Companions to float in the air.
• Fixed an issue that could cause some ship modules to become misaligned.
• Fixed some issues that would prevent touch-down points from turning red in Ship Builder.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the player to appear incorrectly when equipping items.
• Addressed an issue that could prevent the Isolation skill from behaving as intended.
• Adjusted the distance the player is able to access and store cargo in their ship.
• Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause a long delay on the Press any button screen.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
• Fixed rare issue that could cause ship patrols not to appear for “First to Fight, First to Die.”
• Addressed a rare issue where the Contraband scan would not occur potentially preventing landing at New Atlantis.
• Fixed an unlikely issue that could prevent landing at New Atlantis during “Deep Cover.”
• Fixed an issue that could prevent Heat Leeches from counting as killed after completing “A Legacy Forged.”
• Fixed how a location would appear near a hidden Earth landmark.
• Fixed a rare issue that could potentially trap the player in The Facility.
• Addressed an infrequent issue where a Spacer Ship didn’t correctly appear for a radiant quest.
• Fixed an unlikely issue that could appear during “Revelation” depending on how the player interacted with the Emissary.
• Addressed an issue with the Deimos Slim bottom ship module that is used on the Razorleaf.
• Fixed rare issue that could prevent companions from accompanying the player after “No Sudden Moves”.
• Addressed a rare issue that could impact “Power from Beyond.”
Source: Read Full Article