Infinity Ward has released the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and in addition to refreshing the game’s playlists, it makes some balance changes to weapons, fixes bugs, and more. The patch notes have been revealed and, in addition to these adjustments, Infinity Ward also addresses spawn points on the Shipment map.
Headlining the update are changes to Modern Warfare’s playlists. The modes Deathmatch Domination and Gunfight Custom have been added, while Capture the Flag finds a new home in the “Quick Play” filter. Shipment has replaced Shoot the Ship as the game’s 24/7 map and the wintry Gunfight map Winter Docks has been removed. All of these adjustments are now live across all platforms.
When playing on Shipment, you’ll hopefully encounter fewer spawn traps and instant deaths. Infinity Ward says it’s changed spawn locations in all modes, and Domination in particular features new logic for spawns.
Elsewhere, the patch modifies a few of Modern Warfare’s weapons. These include decreasing the M4’s headshot damage, reducing the MP5’s headshot multiplayer, increasing the M13’s headshot damage, altering the number of bolts necessary for the newly-added crossbow to take out support helicopters, and more.
Finally, a couple of minor bugs have been ironed out in this new Modern Warfare update. An ATV exploit in Ground War has been resolved, missing character models for certain skins have been fixed, spawn points on Shipment have been adjusted to “reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps,” and more. Check below for the full list of changes in the game’s latest patch.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Full Patch Notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier; Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness; Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase; Small reduction to horizontal recoil; Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted: 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes: Update Brings Shipment 24/7 Back
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Roadmap Released
Call of Duty News
Source: Read Full Article