Fall Guys’ new update on PS4 and PC aims to fix some of its biggest issues while also making the game fairer and less frustrating. Available now, the “Spicy Hot Fix,” officially update 1.06, addresses several different parts of the game and the patch notes even include a slight jab at players concerned with the Yellow Team’s dominance in team games. You can read the full patch notes below or in the official tweet.
A few major changes include an adjustment to the round-selection algorithm so it will now only pick team-based games when the team sizes can be equal, and the most-frequent crashing issues were addressed. Jump Showdown was one of the biggest targets for the patch, with a jump exploit and camera issues being fixed, and the Slime Climb will no longer let players grab certain obstacles.
On PS4, users can finally play the game with inverted X/Y axis controls as well as new sensitivity settings. The UI should also run more smoothly on older PS4 systems, and the jump button’s binding can be changed for Japanese players to better match what other games use.
Check out the exact patch notes below. The final point is tongue-in-cheek, referencing the ongoing inside joke about Yellow Team.
Fall Guys Patch Notes – Spicy Hot Fix
- Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal
- Party members are now sorted first in Spectator mode
- [PS4 Only] Added controller options, including invert X/Y axis and sensitivity settings
- Slime Climb: players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles
- Jump Showdown: changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit
- Jump Showdown: fixed camera auto-panning
- Improved in-game Store purchase dialog to avoid accidental selections
- Addressed the top 5 most frequent crashes
- Visual fixes to some of the outfits
- [PS4 Only] Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models
- Added option to change the Jump button binding for Japan
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displaying in all supported languages
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don’t post this one)
Fall Guys isn’t slowing down, as Geoff Keighley’s Gamescom Opening Night Live will be the venue for an August 25 Season 2 reveal. It isn’t clear what will be included in the new season, but we’ll likely see new modes and costumes. Its developers are also interested in seeing the game get the Lego treatment if the toy giant is on board, as well.
Fall Guys News & Guides
- TimTheTatman Finally Takes Fall Guys Win, Chat Explodes In Viewership
- Everyone Hates Fall Guys' Yellow Team, But Team Mini-Games Aren't Going Anywhere
- PlayStation Plus Free PS4 Games For August 2020 Revealed
- Is Fall Guys Coming To Xbox, Switch, Or Mobile?
- Fall Guys Beginner's Guide: Tips For Every Round
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article