The third-person “looter-slasher” Godfall was featured during Sony’s recent State of Play, and we got an in-depth look at many of the game’s systems. This was accompanied by PS5 footage that showed the game in action. Game director Keith Lee outlined gameplay details, and specifically how the weapon class system works. They weren’t all covered in detail, but we got a look at a few of the weapons and the attacks you’ll be able to pull off as you take on the game’s many enemies and bosses.
Lee reiterated that there will be no microtransactions in Godfall and that the game features co-op with up to two other players. The game is both gear-driven and skill-based, and has an armor upgrade system that revolves around what are called Valor Plates.
The State of Play presentation had specifics on how the weapons system works in Godfall, which centers around five weapon types: Longswords, Dual Blades, Polearms, two-handed Warhammers, and two-handed Greatswords. Each type of weapon represents a class that has its own set of skills and abilities that cater to a certain playstyle. The in-depth details focused on Dual Blades and Longswords, which you can catch in the video above.
Regardless of weapon, Godfall is said to emphasize offense and aggressive play. Consistent with that design philosophy is that across the different classes, a shield will be important and available to all. They’re not just for defense, either–shields have their own unique skillset, with abilities like a wave attack, a Captain America-style throwing move, and an area-of-effect ground pound.
Lee mentioned that further details will come at later date, specifically covering the progression system and the rest of the weapon classes. Godfall is set to launch during Holiday 2020 as PlayStation 5 console exclusive and on PC.
- PS5 Pre-Order Guide: Retail Listings, DualSense Controller Info, And More
- New Ubisoft Allegations Claim Widespread Culture Of "Fear And Oppression"
- What Halo Infinite's Delay Means For Xbox Series X's Launch | Generation Next
- We Still Don't Know PS5 And Xbox Series X's Prices, But It's Not As Weird As You Think
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Is A Complete Coming-Of-Age Story
- How Marvel's Avengers Actor Has Embraced Her Role As Kamala Khan
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Pre-Order Guide: Prices For Every Edition And More
- Godfall PS5 Gameplay Details: Weapon Classes, Co-op, No Microtransactions, And More
- Sony Reveals New PlayStation 5 Game Hood During State Of Play
- Hitman 3 Is Getting A PSVR Mode That Includes The Entire Trilogy
Source: Read Full Article