Version 1.1 is now available to download for Persona 4 Golden on Steam. The first patch for the PC version of the classic JRPG addresses gameplay and stability issues including random crashes, progression issues, improved optimisation, and so on.
Those participating in the game’s Open Beta Branch will have already encountered these fixes, but they’ve now made their way to the Main Branch of the game for everyone. Version 1.1 tackles a number of issues relating to various parts of Persona 4 Golden, such as problems with cutscene playback, including a new lower playback mode that smooths out the performance on older machines. There are also fixes for crashes that could occur when removing an Xbox One controller, a progression issue that sometimes happened when entering Yukiko’s castle, and another issue that would prevent some players from being able to complete Quest 3.
Below is the full comprehensive list of fixes made in the first patch.
Persona 4 Golden version 1.1 full patch notes
- Fixes to video quizzes
- Fixes to cutscene playback, including a lower playback mode for smoother play on older machines
- Soft locks occurring around Personamations
- Random crashes reported
- Crashes related to removing Xbox One controllers
- A hang issue that occurs during Midnight Trivia Quiz
- Blank items in inventory causing crashes and freezes
- Please note that if you are experiencing this issue, your old saves will retain the blank item, so it is suggested that you generate new saves and avoid old saves with blank items
- An audio issue related to the audio setting during Yosuke’s Cavalry Attack
- A progression issue that occurs when entering Yukiko’s castle
- Addresses a known issue where Quest 3 could not be completed by some players
- Optimized cutscene movies for better playback that was causing stuttering
- When using high-resolution monitors, resolved an issue where the Windows 10 resolution scaling was being applied
- Fixed a freeze issue when equipping a blank item in “Equip > Clothes”
- If you have a blank item in the Clothes menu, please be sure to remove it as these blank items can be still in your currently saved game data. Equipping blank items can trigger various freeze issues in other locations
- Resolved a soft lock that could occur after an All-Out-Attack
Persona 4’s PC release has been a big success for publisher Sega since it launched back on June 14. With over half a million copies sold, it’s prompted the company to consider porting more of its catalogue to PC in the future.
Source: Read Full Article