In this Destiny 2 guide, we’ll explain the Looping Catalyst challenge for the Dominion encounter, as well as some strategies for completing it.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen’s Vow of the Disciple raid saw its fourth and final challenge launch April 12, 2022. The raid’s challenges will rotate through the four raid encounters weekly.
Image: Bungie via Polygon
To complete the Looping Catalyst challenge, you must complete Symbols Phase without ever losing the Leeching Force buff — the buff that you can split and use to get the Emanating Force when running into Rhulk’s laser beam attack.
If you need a refresher on the encounter or raid itself, you can follow our Vow of the Disciple raid guide.
Looping Catalyst strategies
The strategy for this challenge is pretty straightforward and is one of the quicker ways to complete the Symbols Phase of the encounter. You will want to designate four Fireteam members to be responsible for working with the buff. The other two members can focus on add clear and symbol callouts. Using the chart below, we’ll break down each role based on their color, as well as an example phase.
Graphic: Jacob VanderVat/Polygon
- Red: This player is responsible for grabbing the first Leeching Force buff to start the encounter. They also are the start of each split chain. They split the buff to the Yellow and Green players.
- Yellow: This player is responsible for holding the Leeching Force buff so that they can split it to the Red and Orange players.
- Green: This player is responsible for dunking, receiving their Leeching Force buff from the Red player.
- Orange: This player is also responsible for dunking, receiving their Leeching Force buff from the Yellow player.
- The Red player grabs the first Leeching Force buff from the large Crux in the middle.
- The Red player splits their buff to the Yellow and Green players.
- Immediately after, the Yellow player splits their buff to the Orange and Red players.
- The Green and Orange players get hit by the beam to get Emanating Force.
- The Green and Orange players dunk their buffs at the same time.
- While this is happening, the Red player sets themselves up so they can split their buff.
- Immediately after the Green player dunks their buff, they look up to get the split buff from the Red player, starting this cycle over again.
- Repeat steps 2-7 three times so that your team dunks all symbols.
Source: Read Full Article